Respecting the environment is one of our main pillars. Every year, we try to make a new step forward.
- Our apple orchards are ecological since 2016. In addition, with a deliverated selection of apple varieties and the best pickup moment, we work towards the minimum use of chemical products.
- We installed bee colonies in the apple orchards. We believe that the symbiosis between the bees and us is so essential, that we try to help them reproduce improving their life conditions with minimum intervention. We are enthusiastic about the bee world since the very first moment we began to learn about them, and we try to spread this enthusiasm to whoever visiting us.
- 75% of the waste we generate at the restaurat are recycled. We try to improve this figure every year.
From the cider we elaborate, 100% local, to the products used at the restaurant, where a big fraction is from the surroundings, we make a significative effort to consume from local producers. Moreover, we work on our own vegetable garden.
The water served at the dining room is tap water. We feel we are privileged in Zarautz, with a very high quality water for consumption. Furthermore, we collaborate with the company “Agua Km0”, who installed us a filter in order to remove organic compounds and lime to tap water, increasing its quality and organoleptic features. In this sense, we provide our customers with a double guarantee: the certification of the local network and the “Calidad Alimentaria” certification, since, every year, the water we filter undergoes specific analysis.
We choose our providers according to three main aspects:
- to provide us the maximum quality of products they offer
- particular care and concern regarding food safety during the whole chain